Retrophiliac in love with vintage fashion

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pin Curl effect in 1,2,3!

Did you wake up this morning wanting the perfect 1940's hair but had no time to prep? Or maybe you were just too tired the night before to put in your pin curls? Well keep on reading because I have the solution for you!

After a hair dying catastrophe, i was left to having to dye my hair the day of an important event. So needless to say I had zero actual prep time in order for perfect pin curls, as for I typically curl them and sleep in them so they contain a nice hold all day. So how did I manage this perfect 40's hair? The process is simply.

First after I got out of the shower, I towel dried my hair then sprayed it with a curl setting spray to help hold all day. Then of course I dried it completely with a hair dryer.
Secondly, I respray the curl setting spray on my dry hair and let it sit as I do my face make up.
Third, I take my mirror bladed straightener and curl my hair in the same direction as I would pin curl set my hair, by sectioning it into layers and doing alternate curl directions, starting with the top layer curled towards my face and the next layer curled away from my face.
Lastly, spray one last mist of your curl setting spray on to your fresh curls and let it sit as you continue to do your eye make up. Then you simply brush out your curls and you should have the easy, perfect 1940's hair!

If you try this simple and quick pin curl imitation, comment and let me know how it went for you!

xoxo,
Kitty Wynne

No comments:

Post a Comment